Hawa Mahal is a palace located in Jaipur city of India. The name of the Hawa Mahal was kept as the high walls were built for women in the palace so that they could easily observe the festival outside the castle and see them. This palace is made of red and pink sandstone. This palace remains on the edge of the City Palace.
Jaipur Hawa Mahal History
Hawa Mahal was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. Lal Chand Ustad, who had designed it as the crown of Hindu God Krishna, was the one who designed it. Outside of this five-story building, honey beetles of the same size are also set up and there are 953 small windows in the palace, which are called Jharkha and these trees are also decorated with fine artifacts.
At that time, women used to come out of the lattice for a while and used to observe daily life. At that time it was compulsory for women to cover “the curtain” on the face. It is said that with the help of these nets, they also felt cold air, and their face was cold even in the sunny heat.
After 50 years, the palace was repaired in 2006, at present, the value of this monument was reported to be around Rs.4568 million. The corporate sector took up the responsibility of protecting this monument but later the Unit Trust of India took up this responsibility. After the famous Hawa Mahal, its complex was also developed. Tourism can be seen in the historic Thane Hawa Mahal.
Another attraction in the palace is the curved side of the wall. Like other monuments built in Jaipur, this palace is also made of red and pink colors.
Interesting facts about Hawa Mahal
- This palace is the tallest palace in the world, without any basis.
- There is no entrance to the front of the air. If you have to go in, you will have to go from the previous part.
- There is a total of five stories in the Hawa Mahal and this palace still stands at its 87-degree angle.
- Hawa Mahal is also known as “Palace of Winds”.
- There are a total of five floors in the Hawa Mahal.
- There are a total of 953 windows in the Hawa Mahal, which keeps the palace cool.
- All the royal people of Jaipur use the castle as a shelter in summer.
- Hawa Mahal was designed by Lal Chand Ustad.
- This palace was built especially for the royal women of Jaipur.
- The aim of making this palace was to show the royal women to the festival and the festival outside the palace.
- Is the only palace built in Mughal and Rajput architectural styles.
- This palace is a favorite spot for Indian and international films.
- There is only the sloping route to the upper floor in the air Mahal, there is no ladder to go up there.
- Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh built the Hawa Mahal in 1799.
- Its five-story pyramid is made up of size, which is 50 feet bigger than its high base.
- Hawa Mahal has been made of the shape of Lord Krishna’s Rajmukut.
- Hawa was working as a screen on the mesh face of the palace windows.
- Hawa Mahal is made from pink and red colored stones.
Note: If you have more information in ‘History of Hawa Mahal’, or if the information given is anything wrong, then we will keep updating this as soon as we wrote a comment.